About Reservation and Accommodation
- What are the check-in and check-out times?
- Check-in begins at 8:00am for both Hotel New Akao and Royal Wing. You can use your room from 1:30pm. Please check-out by 10:00 am. Depending on accommodation plan, the check-in time may be from 3:00pm, and check-out time may be by 11:00am.
- Can I leave my luggage before checking-in and after checking-out?
- You can leave your luggage before checking-in. After checking-out, please collect your luggage before 3:00pm.
- Can I send luggage in advance?
- Yes, you can. Please note the date of your stay and a name of the person who made a reservation.
- Is delivery service available?
- Yes, it is.
- Can I use a credit card?
- You can pay with VISA, JCB, Master, American Express, Dinners, JTB, UC, DC, NICOS, TOBU, JAL and UFJ NICOS.
- Are there multi-lingual staff?
- There are English, Chinese, Korean and French speaking staff. (However, they may not be available all the time.)
- Barrier-free information
- There are many steps in New Akao. Royal Wing has relatively lower number of steps, and therefore, it is accessible to the guest room by wheel chair.
About Guest Rooms
- What amenities are provided in the room?
- In Hotel New Akao, raizor, Hair brush, shower cap, tooth brush, face towel, bath towel, Japanese-style night gawn are provided. In Royal Wing, cotton set and hand towel are also available in addition to what are available in Hotel New Akao.
- What equipment is available in the guest room?
- Refrigerator, TV, safe, hair dryer, kettle, clothes hanger, shampoo, rinse, hair conditioner, hand soap is available in the guest room.
- Are there smoking rooms?
- Some rooms and floors are smoking area.
- Can I smoke in the guest room?
- You can smoke in the smoking rooms only.
- Can I select the time of the meal?
- Yes you can. However, it may not due to certain circumstances.
- I am allergic to certain food.
- We will rearrange your meal, according to the restriction. Please let us know on the reservation or at least 3 days prior to your arrival. The menu will be determined by the cooking department.
- Are there dinner and breakfast menu for children?
- Dinner for children is based on the menu that adults are having. Breakfast is a buffet style.
- How can I get to the Hotel from the nearest station?
- We offer free shuttle bus from Atami Station to the Hotel. The shuttle bus service is available at half past every hour (except 12:30pm), and the final bus leaves the station at 5:30pm. In case you are taking Tokai Bus, get on the bus bound for “Ajiroasahimachi” or #Guhotaki” from platform 6, and get off at “Nishikigaura” bus stop.
- How much does taxi cost from the station?
- It is about JPY1,500 and takes 10 minutes. Extra charge is applied at late night.
- How can I get to the Hotel from Narita or Haneda Airport?
- Please take an Airport Limousine Bus from either of the airport to the Tokyo Station or Shinagawa Station. From those stations, take Tokaido Shinkansen (Kodama Express) or JR Tokaido Line to Atami Station. There is a free shuttle bus service available from Atami Station.
- How can I get to the Hotel from Tokyo Station?
- If you take Tokaido Shinkansen (Kodama Express), it is approximately 50 minutes. If you take JR Tokaido Line, it takes approximately 1hour 45minutes. There is a free shuttle bus service available from Atami Station.
- I want to travel around Izu area by rent a car. Can you make a reservation?
- I am afraid we cannot make a reservation for rent a car. However, there is TOYOTA Rent a Car Shop in front of Atami Station. Here is the detail.
- Is there a parking?
- Yes. There is a free parking area.
About Charge for Children
- About charge for children
- For Children (age of 2-5), the accommodation charge is JPY2,000 (excl. tax) for New Akao and JPY4,000 (excl. tax) for Royal Wing.
- Can I sleep with my child?
- Yes, you can. As there are not beddings for children (age of 2-5), please share a bed with your child.
- Is there an extra charge for a child who are not on the reservation?
- Yes, we will charge an additional cost.
- Can I borrow a bed for baby?
- There is some available in Royal Wing only. However, it is limited in number. Please let us know on the reservation, if you need it.
- Is there are yukata (night gown) for children available?
- Yes. Yukata for children, aged 2-5, charge extra.
- Do you offer any service for infant?
- I am afraid we do not offer any service for infant?
- Please tell me about cancellation charge for accommodation fee.
- For group travelers, cancellation charge will be applied 2 weeks prior to the arrival. For individual travelers, 30% of the accommodation fee will be charged from 2-3 days prior to the arrival, 50% from a day before the arrival, 100% on the day of arrival.
- Do you have any recommendation on souvenir?
- Original Akao Rusk (melba toast) and Gekko no matsu, Japanese-style sweet bun are popular.
- Do you have any recommendation on local tours?
- At a certain time of the year, we offer free walking tour in scenic Nishikigaura, where the hotel is located. (It will be cancelled, if it rains.)
- Do you have any recommendation to visit around the area?
- Kinomiya Shrine, Statue of Kanichi and Omiya and Sun Beach are popular tourist destinations in Atami.